100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TO CHARITY.
Women Working Together
Women Impacting Tulsa (WIT) is a group of professionals, community leaders, advocates, mothers, and volunteers – all united behind the idea that women working together will make a difference in the Tulsa community. WIT is a giving circle – a group of individual donors who pool their money collectively and recommend how to distribute it annually to Tulsa nonprofit agencies through a competitive grants process. The group meets throughout the year to learn about community needs, make recommendations, and engage with nonprofits. By combining resources and knowledge, members make a larger impact together than as individuals. Women Impacting Tulsa began in 2010 as a partnership project between Tulsa Community Foundation and Tulsa Area United Way.
National studies show women make 83% of all consumer purchases, totaling over $12 trillion annually, and female-owned businesses are the fastest growing sector of the U.S. economy. In addition, female donors who participate in giving circles give more than other donors, give more strategically, and give to a greater number of organizations. They also develop increased knowledge of philanthropy and are highly engaged in their communities.
Women Impacting Tulsa (WIT) is a women’s “giving circle” focused on improving, enhancing and sustaining the quality of life among women, children and families in need throughout the greater Tulsa area. Women Impacting Tulsa educates, inspires, and increases the number of women committed to philanthropy. We strengthen the community and show the impact that results from informed grantmaking.
WIT is a partnership with the Tulsa Community Foundation and focuses on making a difference in the following areas:
- Education and vocational skills for disadvantaged women
- Educational services for low income and underserved children
- Intervention and prevention of abuse and neglect of women and children
- Mental health and behavioral issues of young children
WIT works to improve Tulsa.
- Inspire women to become leaders in philanthropy through financial and hands-on support
- Provide education on current community issues and strategies in philanthropy
- Collectively identify areas of greatest need and areas for greatest potential impact of WIT resource allocations
- Strengthen our community through strategic investment of dollars and resources
Women Impacting Tulsa has three giving circle membership amounts.
- Platinum Circle- $2,550 and above
- Gold Circle- $1,050
- Silver Circle- $550
In addition to the membership fee, every member of Women Impacting Tulsa also pays a $50 administration fee to cover any bank/fund fees and program administration expenses. Every cent of your giving circle donation is passed on to Tulsa area nonprofits as grants each spring. By assembling the donations together, each woman’s gift can have a larger impact in the community. While members are invited to participate in site visits and the selection of grant recipients, members do have the option to be silent donors and not participate in events.
2015 Grant Recipients
- Resonance– $4,000; Choosing to Change
- Margaret Hudson– $15,000; MHP Student Career Exploration and Post-Secondary Education/Vocational Support
- Community Action Project– $10,000; Career Advance
Become A Member
WIT would like to welcome you to join its giving circle! You may join by clicking on the following link and filling out the Membership Form. Please send completed form with payment to TCF- Women Impacting Tulsa, 7030 S. Yale Ave., Suite 600, Tulsa, OK. 74136. You may also pay using a credit card by clicking the “Give Now” button in the upper right hand corner, and select “Women Impacting Tulsa” under “Choose Fund”. If paying by credit card, you will still need to fill out a Membership Form and mail it to TCF.
2014-2015 WIT Chairs
- Courtnie Tidwell- Chair
- Cindy Harp- Grants Committee Chair
- Shannon Kelly- Membership Committee Chair
Mary Kay Jones
Ellen O. Martucci
Make every cent count! Women Impacting Tulsa strives for efficiency. 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes towards improving the quality of life among women, children and families in need throughout the greater Tulsa area. The $50.00 administration fee covers support from Tulsa Community Foundation, the Bank of Oklahoma and any miscellaneous expenses.
For more information about Women Impacting Tulsa, please contact Tulsa Community Foundation (918) 494-8823; fax (918) 494-9826; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Kay Jones
Ellen O. Martucci