The mission of the John Hope Franklin-ONEOK-Epsilon Iota Boule Scholarship is to enhance the educational opportunities through scholarship and mentorship, for racial and ethnic minority high school students seeking to attend institutions of higher learning. A particular emphasis will be place on the cultivation, of the yet to be fully realized potential of the racial and ethnic minority student.
We seek to honor the achievements of the scholars in our communities. However, we also want to reach out to those individuals that are “late bloomers”, but are yet on the upward slope of academic discovery. In addition to the scholarship, the recipients may also participate in the Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity’s career mentoring program.
The following types of scholarships will be awarded:
– For scholars attending four-year colleges or universities.
– Scholars selected annually to each be awarded $2,500 per year, renewable for four years.
– One of the scholars will be financed by Epsilon Iota Boule of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity.
– For scholars attending Tulsa Community College or two-year institutions.
– Selected annually to each be awarded $1,000 per year, renewable for two years.
– For scholars attending vocational schools.
– Scholars selected annually to each be awarded $500 per year, renewable for two years.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and if awarded, maintain a 3.0 GPA in their respective post-secondary education institution in order to receive the subsequent year’s award.
For students interested in applying for the John Hope Franklin-ONEOK-Epsilon Iota Boule Scholarship, the application will be available here beginning February 1, 2020. The deadline to apply will be March 21, 2020.